英语听力美文90篇,每天刷一篇,99%的人都收藏了!(附音频)
↓↓↓点击下方卡片,发现更多精彩↓↓↓
英语口语·吉米老师说
吉米老师整理了90篇晨读短文,涵盖了生活中的方方面面,既简单又精致,特别适合大家每天晨读练习口语。快收藏读起来,每天读一篇,口语水平天天涨!第一篇
If it is possible to know the life you will confront in advance.
如果提前了解,你们要面对的人生
Will you still have the courage to embrace it?
不知你们是否,还会有勇气前来
What you've seen and heard.
看见的和听到的
Often dispirits you.
经常会令你们沮丧
The mundane world is so solid.
世俗是这样的强大
That even the thought of making a difference seems impossible.
强大到生不出改变他们的念头来
But, if you were given the chance to know your life lying ahead.
可是如果有机会,提前解了你们的人生
Knowing that youth is just these days but nothing more than that.
知道青春,也不过只有这些日子
Will you still
不知你们是否,
Care about the things that this mundane world expects you to?
还会在意那些世俗希望你们在意的事情
Like one's glory depends on how much he or she possess.
比如占有多少才更荣耀
Like one must own something in order to be loved.
拥有什么,才能被爱
When you grow up,
等你们长大
You will feel the joy of the green sprout.
你们会因绿芽冒出土地而喜悦
You will cheer for the rising sun.
会对初升的朝阳欢呼跳跃
You will also bring kindness and warmth to others.
也会给别人善意,和温暖
However, while giving your praise to others.
但是却会在赞美别的生命的同时
You always forget how precious you are.
常常,甚至永远地,忘了自己的珍贵
May you remember your preciousness[ˈpreʃəsnəs]to resist malice during hard time.
愿你在被打击时,记起你的珍贵,抵抗恶意
May you have infinite faith in your preciousness when you lost your way.
Love what your love, do what you do and listen to your heart.
愿你在迷茫时,坚信你的珍贵,爱你所爱,行你所行,听从你心
May you be young forever.
无问西东
你要成为自己的那道光
Have you ever been around someone who immediately put you at ease? Perhaps you may be one of those people who others feel safe around.
有没有遇到过那么个人,只要他/她在你身边,你立即就觉得安心?或许你就是让别人觉得安心的那么一个人。
What is the common thread in people who emanate warmth? Some may think it is related to personality or physical appearance. But this does little to explain why bright beacons of light can be found anywhere. Essence has nothing to do with our exterior.
那些气场中自带温暖的人有哪些共性呢?一些人也许认为这与性格或外貌有关。但这基本解释不了为什么明亮的灯塔之光四处可见。本质与我们的外在无关。
I like to believe the common thread is a universal trait we are all able to tap into. When we see the truth of who we are and wholeheartedly love every part of that truth, we automatically shine. When we embrace our essence and live in congruence with who we are, we radiate peace.
我愿意相信这个共性是我们都能够触及的、普遍存在的品质。当我们欣赏自己的本质并全心全意热爱着这一切的时候,我们自然而然就会出类拔萃。当我们欣然接受自己的本质并遵循本心来生活的时候,我们会自带平和的光环。
Every day we can choose to wake up and see the gift of getting to be who we are. When we decide to live from this way of 'being,' it becomes easy to see this same light and gift in everyone — even those who may not yet see it in themselves.
每一天,我们都可以选择一醒来就欣赏做自己这一项天赋。当我们决定以“本性”来生活的时候,在每个人身上,甚至是那些可能还没有开始欣赏自身本性的人身上,我们变得很容易就能看到同样的光芒和天赋了。
The benefits of self-love are many. What I know to be true without a doubt in my heart, is that we are all capable of giving this gift to ourselves.
自爱的益处有很多。我所知道的真相就是,我们都能赋予自己这项天赋,这一点我深信不疑。
These words help me remember why embracing my essence is always the best thing to do. Perhaps this may resonate with where you are.
这些话让我想起欣然接受自己的本质始终是上策的原因。或许这也会与你产生共鸣。
Today before you think of saying an unkind word,
如今,在你出言不逊前,
Think of someone who can't speak.
想想那些身患哑疾的人吧。
Before you complain about the taste of your food,
在抱怨事物不够美味前,
Think of someone who has nothing to eat.
想想那些还在忍饥挨饿的人们吧。
Before you complain about your husband or wife,
在抱怨婚姻对象不尽如意时,
Think of someone who's crying out to God for a companion.
想想那些还在为找不到对象而愁苦的人吧。
Today before you complain about life,
在为生活的种种深感郁闷前,
Think of someone who went too early to heaven.
想想那些早已离开人世的人吧。
Before you complain about your children,
在为孩子不听话而气恼前,
Think of someone who desires children but they're barren.
想想那些不能生育而渴求孩子的人吧。
Before you argue about your dirty house someone didn't clean or sweep,
在为房子没人清洁打扫而发牢骚前,
Think of the people who are living in the streets.
想想那些无家可归的人吧。
Before whining about the distance you drive,
在抱怨行车旅途太长前,
Think of someone who walks the same distance with their feet.
想想那些要走相同距离的徒步者吧。
And when you are tired and complain about your job,
在你感到疲惫,厌烦工作前,
Think of the unemployed, the disabled and those who wished they had your job.
想想那些失业工人和残疾人以及渴望有一份你这样的工作的人吧。
But before you think of pointing your finger or condemning another,
在指责他人前,
Remember that not one of us is without sin and we all answer to one maker.
想想吧,人都不是完美的,我们都对上帝尽责。
And when depressing thoughts seem to get you down,
当消极思维让你深感沮丧时,
Put a smile on your face and thank God you're alive and still around.
微笑吧,并感谢上帝赐予你生命。
Life is a gift,
生活是一份礼物,
Enjoy it,
享受它,
Celebrate it,
庆祝它,
And fulfill it...
充实它。
And while you want to give love to someone today,
当你要向某人表达爱意,
Love someone with what you do and the words you say,
用你的言行去爱吧。
Love is not meant to be kept locked inside of us and hidden,
爱并非要深藏于心底,
So give it away" Give love to someone today!"
表达出来吧,“现在就去爱!”
生命只是一瞬间
A man died
一个男人死了
When he realized it, he saw God coming closer with a suitcase in his hand.
当他意识到后,他看见了上帝提着手提箱走近他。
Dialog between God and the dead man:
以下是上帝和已逝男人之间的对话:
God: Alright, son, it's time to go.
上帝:好吧孩子,该走了
Man: So soon? I had a lot of plans...
男人:这么快?我还有很多计划呢…
God: I am sorry but, it’s time to go.
上帝:抱歉但是的确该走了
Man: What do you have in that suitcase?
男人:你那个手提箱里有什么
God: Your belongings.
上帝:你的所有物
Man: My belongings? You mean my things... clothes... money...
男人:我的所有物?你是说我的东西…衣服…钱…
God: Those things were never yours, they belong to the Earth.
上帝:那些东西从来不是你的,它们属于地球
Man: Is it my memories?
男人:那是我的记忆?
God: No. They belong to Time.
上帝:它们属于时间
Man: Is it my talent?
男人:那是我的才华?
God: No. They belong to circumstance.
上帝:不。它们属于事件情境
Man: is it my friends and family?
男人:是我的朋友和家人?
God: No son. They belong to the Path you travelled.
上帝:不,孩子,他们属于你人生旅途的经路
Man: Is it my wife and children?
男人:是我的妻子和孩子?
God: No. they belong to your Heart.
上帝:不,他们属于你的心
Man: Then it must be my body.
男人:那一定是我的身体了
God: No No... It belongs to Dust.
上帝:不不…它属于尘土
Man: Then surely it must be my Soul!
男人:那肯定是我的灵魂!
God: You are sadly mistaken son. Your Soul belongs to me.
上帝:孩子你错了,你的灵魂属于我
Man with tears in his eyes and full of fear took the suitcase from the God's hand and opened it...
男人眼含泪水,满怀恐惧地从上帝手里拿过箱子,打开了它
EMPTY!!
里面竟是空的!!
With heartbroken and tears down his cheek he asks God...
他泪流满面心碎地问上帝…
Man: I never owned anything?
男人:我从来不曾拥有任何东西吗?
God: That’s Right. You never owned anything.
上帝:是的,你从未拥有过任何东西。
Man: Then? What was mine?
男人:那么,什么是属于我的
God: your MOMENTS.
Every moment you lived was yours.
上帝:你的时刻,每一个你活着的时刻都是属于你的
Life is just a Moment.......
生命只是一瞬之间。
LIVE IT.
活在当下。
LOVE IT.
爱在当下。
ENJOY IT.
享受当下。
I think you are the April of this world,
Sure, you are the April of this world.
Your laughter has lit up all the wind,
So gently mingling with the spring.
我说你是人间的四月天
笑响点亮了四面风
轻灵在春的光艳中
交舞着变
You are the clouds in early spring,
The dusk wind blows up and down.
And the stars blink now and then,
Fine rain drops down amid the flowers.
你是四月早天里的云烟
黄昏吹着风的软
星子在无意中闪
细雨点洒在花前
So gentle and graceful,
You are crowned with garlands.
So sublime and innocent,
You are a full moon over each evening.
那轻,那娉婷,你是,
鲜妍百花的冠冕你戴着,
你是天真,庄严,
你是夜夜的月圆。
The snow melts, with that light yellow,
You look like the first budding green.
You are the soft joy of white lotus
Rising up in your fancy dreamland.
雪化后那片鹅黄,你像;
新鲜初放芽的绿,你是;
柔嫩喜悦,
水光浮动着你梦期待中白莲。
You’re the blooming flowers over the trees,
You’re a swallow twittering between the beams;
Full of love, full of warm hope,
You are the spring of this world!
你是一树一树的花开,
是燕在梁间呢喃,
—— 你是爱,是暖,是希望,
你是人间的四月天!
From tomorrow on, I will be a happy man
从明天起,做一个幸福的人
Grooming, chopping, and traveling all over the world
喂马,劈柴,周游世界
From tomorrow on, I will care foodstuff and vegetables
从明天起,关心粮食和蔬菜
Living in a house towards the sea, with spring blossoms.
我有一所房子,面朝大海,春暖花开
From tomorrow on, write to each of my dear ones
从明天起,和每一个亲人通信
Telling them of my happiness
告诉他们我的幸福
What the lightning of happiness has told me
那幸福的闪电告诉我的
I will spread it to each of them
我将告诉每一个人
Give a warm name for every river and every mountain
给每一条河每一座山取一个温暖的名字
Strangers, I will also wish you happy
陌生人,我也为你祝福
May you have a brilliant future
愿你有一个灿烂的前程
May you lovers eventually become spouses
愿你有情人终成眷属
May you enjoy happiness in this earthly world
愿你在尘世获得幸福
I only wish to face the sea, with spring blossoms
我只愿面朝大海,春暖花开
Four seasons
to fill up a year's time,
A person's heart
also contains four seasons.
四个季节把一年的时间填满
人的心灵也包含着四个季节
In the spring of his youthful,
in an instant,
Clear handsome
reward absorbed all of beauty.
在他朝气蓬勃的春天,一瞬间
清晰的俊赏吸收了美的一切
In summer,
he loved the young mind
in the spring mining
nectar savour repeatedly,
在他的夏天,他爱把年轻思想
在春天里采的花蜜反复品味
To appreciate
the sweet fragrance of honey,
in this meditation and fly high.
细细欣赏那蜜汁的甘甜芳香
乘着这高远的冥想冲天而飞
His heart fall like wings,
then he tucked
contentedly wings,
他心灵的秋天有如小湾安谧
这时他心满意足地收拢翅膀
Lazy at fog color;
Feast for the eyes of all things
Like creek drips
through the door,
not in his heart.
懒看着雾色;赏心悦目的万事
像小河淌过门前,不在他心上
He also has a recognition
of the pale winter,
Unless he went
before the nature of death.
他也有面目全非的苍白冬天
除非他走在自然的死亡之前
Find the Beauty Around You
A very special teacher in a high school had a husband who died suddenly of a heart attack. About a week after his death, she shared some of her thoughts with a class of students. As the late afternoon sunlight shined through the classroom windows, and when the class was nearly over, she moved a few things aside on her desk and sat down there.
一个很特别的高中老师,其丈夫死于突发性心脏病。在他 死后大约一周,她便把她的一些所思所想讲给全班学生。下午的阳光透过教室的窗户照射进来,快要放学了,她把一些东西放在讲桌上,坐了下来。
With a gentle look on her face, she paused and said, “Before class is over, I would like to share with all of you a thought which I feel is very important. Each of us is put here on earth to learn, share, love, appreciate and give of ourselves... and none of us knows when this fantastic experience will end. It can be taken away at any moment. Perhaps this is a sign that we must make the most use of every single day.”
她脸上带着温柔的表情,稍稍停顿了一下,便开始讲话:“在放学前,我想跟你们分享一种我认为很重要的想法。我们每个人都生活在地球上,学习、分享、爱护别人,欣赏和付出自我,却没有一个人知道这种美好的体验什么时候就会结束了。它随时都可能被带走。也许这预示着我们必须最大限度地利用每一个日子。”
Her eyes beginning to water, she went on, “So I would like you all to make me a promise: from now on, on your way to school, or on your way home, find something beautiful to notice. It doesn’t have to be something you see — it could be a scent — perhaps of freshly baked bread wafting out of someone’s house, or it could be the sound of the breeze slightly rustling;the leaves in the trees, or the way the morning light catches one autumn leaf as it falls gently to the ground. Please, look for these things,and remember them.”
她的眼睛开始湿润了,她接着说:“因此我想让你们每个 人答应我:从今以后,在你上学或者放学的路上,要发现一些美丽的事物。它不一定是你看到的某个东西——它可能是一种香味——也许是新鲜烤面包的味道从某一座房里飘出来,也许是微风轻拂树叶的声音,或者是晨光照射在轻轻飘落的秋叶上的方式。请你们寻找这些东西并且记住它们吧。”
“For,although it may sound silly to some people, these things are the‘stuff’ of life. The little things we are put here on earth to enjoy. The things we often take for granted. We must make it important to notice them, for at any time... it can all be taken away.”
“因为,尽管听起来有些傻气,这些东西就是生活的内容,是我们活在世上要欣赏的一些小东西,,这些东西我们经常认为是理所当然的。我们必须注意它们,这很重要,因为说不定在什么时候,它就被带走了。”
The class was completely quiet. We all picked up our books and filed out of the room silently. That afternoon, I noticed more things on my way home from school than I had that whole semester. Every once in a while, I think of that teacher and remember what an impression she made on all of us, and I try to appreciate all of those things that sometimes we all overlook.
整个教室里非常安静。我们都收拾起课本,整理好,一个 个默默地走出教室。那天下午,在放学回家的路上我注意到很 多事物,比我以前整个学期发现的事物还要多。不时地,我会想到那位老师,回忆起她给我们留下的深刻印象,我便会尽力 去欣赏有时我们都忽略的东西。
Take notice of something special you see on your lunch hour today. Go barefoot. Or walk on the beach at sunset. Stop off on the way home tonight to get a double dip ice cream cone. For as we get older, it is not the things we did that we often regret, but the things we didn't do.
今天中午吃饭的时候专注一下你所看到的特别事物。光着脚丫散散步。或在日落时分在沙滩上漫步。今晚在回家的路 上,要驻足仔细品味一下冰淇淋蛋卷。因为随着我们年龄的增长,并不是做过的事情值得我们后悔,而是那些没有去做的事情。
一个人的冬春夏秋
There was a man who had four sons.
有一个男人,他有四个儿子
He wanted his sons to learn
他想要教自己的儿子一件事
to not judge things too quickly.
即,对事物不要太快下结论
So he sent them each on a quest,
于是,他给每个儿子都分配了一项任务
in turn,
让他们轮流
to go and look at a pear tree
去照看一棵梨树
that was a great distance away.
这棵树长在很远的地方
The first son went in winter,
第一个儿子是冬天去的
the second in spring,
第二个儿子春天
the third in summer,
三儿子夏天
and the youngest son in fall.
最小的儿子是秋天去的
When they had all gone and come back,
当他们四人都去过并完成任务后
he called them together
他将他们叫到一起
to describe what they had seen.
请他们描述一下自己见到的东西
The first son said
第一个儿子说
that the tree was ugly, bent, and twisted.
那棵树十分丑陋,佝偻,扭曲
The second son said
第二个儿子说
no – it was covered with green buds
不,那棵树长满了绿芽
and full of promise.
生机盎然
The third son disagreed,
第三个儿子也不同意
he said
他说
it was laden with blossoms
树上开满了花朵
that smelled so sweet
那些花闻起来十分香甜
and looked so beautiful,
看上去也非常美丽
it was the most graceful thing he had ever seen.
这是他见过的最美好的事物
The last son disagreed with all of them;
第四个儿子说的与前三人都不同
he said it was ripe
他说这棵树丰收了
and drooping with fruit,
果实累累
full of life and fulfillment.
充满了生命力,十分充盈
The man then explained to his sons
男人这时对儿子们解释道
that they were all right,
他们说得都对
because
因为
they had each seen but one season in the tree's life.
他们每人都只看到了树的一生中一个季节的模样
He told them
他告诉他们
that you cannot judge a tree,
你们不要对一棵树
or a person,
一个人
by only one season,
一个季节里的模样评价他
and that the essence of who they are
他们内在的本质
– and the pleasure, joy, and love
他们内心的欢乐,欣喜和爱
that come from that life
都是源自于完整的生活
can only be measured at the end,
只能到最后才能丈量出来
when all the seasons are up.
当你历经四季的时候
If you give up when it's winter,
如果你在冬天就放弃了
you will miss the promise of your spring,
你就会错过春天见给予你的希望
the beauty of your summer,
夏天将见证的美丽
fulfillment of your fall.
秋天的收获
Don't judge a life by one difficult season.
不要仅凭一个困难时节里的处境去评价一个人
Don't let the pain of one season
不要让一个季节里的苦痛
destroy the joy of all the rest.
毁了所有其他季节里的欢乐。
This Is Your Life
这就是你的生活
You have this Life.
这是你所拥有的人生。
You were born for this Life.
生来就有。
You want some people to be in your Life, but they don't.
你希望一些人能陪伴你,但他们没有。
You don't want some people to be with you, but they do.
你不想要一些人走进你的生活,但他们却来了。
You are endeavouring to come out of certain conditions of your life.
你竭尽全力想要摆脱某些生活状况。
But you are forced to live with them.
但又不得不继续在这种状况下生活下去。
You don't want to go outside in the Rain, but sometimes you have to.
你不想在下雨时出门,但有时你却别无选择。
You are yearning for something to happen, but it always eludes you.
你渴望一些事情的发生,可偏偏不如你所愿。
You never anticipate some incidents to happen in your life, but they do occur when you are oblivious of those happenings.
你从没有预料到一些事会在你的生活中发生,可偏偏在你毫无防备的时候发生了。
Sometimes you get things what you don't aspire for, but you don't get certain things what you are really looking for.
有时你会得到,你并不渴求的东西,但却得不到心心念念想要得到的东西。
You don't like some places to visit, but sometimes you have to stay there for a while.
你不喜欢去一些地方,但有时你不得不在那里待上一段时间。
This is your Life, say welcome with the open mind.
这就是你的生活,用开放的心态去接纳它吧。
You have to avoid all the preoccupations.
你必须打消所有的成见。
The Life is like a 'Flowing River' it takes all the bends and curves that you don't know.
生活就好比一条流动的河,一路上有你无法预见到的曲折。
But it never stops its flow because 'flowing' is its original nature.
但河水从未停止流淌,因为“流动”就是它的本性。
You also flow with the Life you have, which takes the unexpected turns.
你同样在生活这条奔流不息的河里游走着,伴随着许许多多不期而遇的转折点。
This is your Life, simply accept it.
这就是你的生活,接受它就好。
双语美文80 《Rome Wasn't Built in a Day》
双语美文75 《A Different Kind of Audience》
双语美文74 《What's Wrong with Them》
双语美文71 《Pride Comes before a Fall》
双语美文70《An Old Legend about Cheese》
双语美文64 《Swimming and English Learning》
双语美文63 《My Devoted Friend--Books》
往期精彩(点击蓝色标题查看)
3.再见钱德勒!《老友记》136句经典地道口语,值得收藏学习!
▼长按识别二维码
关注“英语校长吉米老师”视频号
免费送英语记单词宝典
吉米老师免费学英语,天天送福利!
吉米老师送你365免费英语口语学习群
马上点击左下角【阅读原文】进群吧